Download STRIVE now and register to book your classes on the fly paying safely, check all course schedules and keep track of your workouts!
Born in Milan on October 14, 1981 and graduated from Milan State University, he started training in martial arts in his childhood (Karate and Judo) and in combat sports since he was 16 (Boxe and Muay Thai). Jiu Jitsu and Grappling athlete since 2005, he started teaching in 2009 and got his black belt in 2014.
He was one of the most active Italian athlete of his generation, competing in IBJJF, UAEJJF, ADCC, UIJJ and FIGMMA championships and several “Invitationals”. He’s now one of the most appreciated coaches in Italy.
- 2x IBJJF European No GI Open Champion (2017/2018 Master)
- 2x UAEJJF Italy National Pro Champion (2017/2019 Adult & Master)
- 2x IBJJF Rome Open Champion (2015/2017 Adult & Master)
- IBJJF Berlin Open Champion (2015 Master)
- Mittel European Open Champion (2015 Adult)
- IBJJF London Open Champion (2011 Purple Adult)
- 2x FIGMMA Italian Grappling Open Champion (2009/2010 Adult)
- 2x ADCC Italy Champion (2007/2008 Adult)
- 2nd Place IBJJF Master International Europe (2018)
- 2x 2nd Place IBJJF Berlin No GI Open (2015 Weight & Open Class Master)
- 3rd Place IBJJF European No GI Open (2015 Master)
- 3rd Place IBJJF Master International Europe (2019)
- 3rd Place IBJJF European No GI Open (2019 Master)
- 3rd Place IBJJF London Fall Open (2016 Master)
- 3rd Place IBJJF London No GI Fall Open (2016 Master)
- 3rd Place IBJJF Berlin Open (2015 Open Class Master)
- 3rd Place Mittel European Open (2015 Open Class Adult)
- 2x 3rd Place IBJJF European Open (2013/2014 Brown Master)
- 2nd Place IBJJF European No GI Open (2013 Brown Master)
- 3rd Place IBJJF Rome Open (2013 Brown Master)
- 2nd Place Grab & Pull French Open (2014 Brown Adult)
- 3rd Place UAEJJF World Championship London Trials (2011 Purple Adult)
- 2nd Place WTKA World Championship Italy (2007 Adult)
- Multiple time UIJJ and IBJJF Open Champion & Medalist
- Fighter at IBJJF World Championship (2012 Purple Adult)
Mattia Gasperini is a 1st degree Jiu Jitsu black belt, coach of several classes at STANCE Academy. Born in Perugia on July 18, 1990, he moved to Milan in 1998 and started the practice of Judo. Since 2005, Judo training also included Boxing and Muay Thai too, before beginning to practice Jiu Jitsu in 2011.
Jiu Jitsu and Grappling athlete of international level, he was graduated black belt by Prof. Marco Bancone in 2019.
- Serbian BJJ Open Champion (2011 Blue Adult)
- IBJJF London No GI Fall Open Champion (2016 Purple Adult)
- 2x UIJJ Milano Challenge Champion (2015/2017 Purple & Brown Adult)
- 2x 2nd Place UIJJ Milano Challenge (2013/2014 Blue Adult)
- 2nd Place UAEJJF Italy National Pro (2018 Brown Adult)
- 3rd Place UAEJJF World Championship Warsaw Trials (2013 Blue adult)
- 3rd Place UAEJJF Italy National Pro (2018 Open Class Brown Adult)
- 3rd Place UIJJ Torino Challenge (2018 Brown Adult)
Angelo Santoro is the head of the functional area at the STANCE Academy and Weight Lifting and Functional Training coach. Born in Taranto on July 7, 1994, he began practicing Weightlifting in 2007, and has, since then, always practiced and taught weights work.
FIPE certified Olympic Weightlifting trainer and Crossfit Level 1 since 2013, he moved to Milan in 2016 to enroll in the faculty of Sports Science at the state university. At the same time he practiced Jiu Jitsu and he graduated in Sports Science in 2021 with a thesis on training with weights and Jiu Jitsu.
He’s in continuous training with FIPE, the Italian Federation which represents Weightlifting in the world and at the Olympics, where he is constantly updated with the National Team’s technical management. In addition to work with weights and Grappling, he has skills in post-injury recovery and prevention, in body recomposition and more generally in movement education.